April was all about The Raven Cycle because The Raven King came finally out. I think it hasn’t really hit me yet that it is actually over. I keep re-reading the series, I keep thinking about the series, I keep talking about the series and it just doesn’t feel like the end just yet because I’m still right in the middle of it, kind of. At the same time I’m super emotional though BECAUSE it is the end. Basically, my feels are all over the place and I don’t know what to do with myself these days.
I spend half of my month only reading the The Raven Cycle books and apart from that I mostly re-read other books. Only a third of the books I read were new to me books which was glorious. With all these re-reads, 2016 is the best reading year I’ve ever had. I did read two very great book for the first time though:
- The Lost and Found by Katrina Leno
THIS BOOK!!! It’s like a love letter to Internet friendships and the portrayal of anxiety is A+++.
- The Book of Speculation by Erika Swyler
This is a book about a book!!! And a mysterious family history and carnival and mermaids and… It’s super magical.
Both books moved directly to my must-re-read-someday list.
I knew I would spend a big part of April with re-reading The Raven Cycle but I am surprised how many books I re-read overall. There were a few spontaneous reads that just had to happen at the time.
April is proof that I like to get pynch-ed in the feels.
I’ve never had such a long playlist as in April before, but I just put a lot of songs on it that fit my feels while waiting for The Raven King. So not really anything new but of all those, my favorites were:
- Unravel Me by Jojee
My ultimate Pynch song and I won’t stop listening to it anytime soon. *sneakily moves to May playlist*
- Heavydirtysoul by Twenty One Pilot
Their album was probably what I listened to most all month
- Feels by Kiiara
That title couldn’t be more accurate to describe what April was like
Favorite Shows and Movies
- Agents of Shield: JFSJDAHFDHAFADFASDKF FITZSIMMONS and a certain Goodbye *cries*
- Criminal Minds: Don’t even talk to me, I have too many feels I can’t deal with rn.
- Gotham: still surprised how damn good season two is. I’m so glad that this show never disappoints.
- iZombie: THAT SEASON FINALE. After that ending I’m already very excited for the next season
- The Catch: such an exciting new show! I love it. I love stories about heists and thieves so this is perfect for me
- Friday Night Lights: I can’t believe I watched a show about American Football, but I did and I loved it.
- Blindspot: I love this show so much. There wasn’t a single disappointing episode yet.
- Quantico: How did this show get so good? I was sure I would stop watching after a while but the second half of the season is GREAT.
- Pacific Rim: oh hey, it’s already April and this was only the first time I watched it? Embarrassing.
- getting promising news about a thesis topic
- when a “how cool would it be if…” turned into IT WILL HAPPEN IN 44 DAYS.
- holding a copy of The Raven King
- putting up another hand lettered design on Redbubble and Society6 because I don’t make enough time for those, so when I do it’s special
How was April for you? Did you read any great books?