I still can’t believe it but these are the only physical books I got in June. I’m currently on a book buying ban (it works for the first time! I haven’t bought a book in 40 days. FORTY!) and the only books I got were preordered, books bought via amazon marketplace = took a long time to get here and review books from EW and NG (I’m mostly doing this book buying ban to save money, that’s why review books don’t count^^).
- The Glass Sentence (The Mapmaker’s Trilogy #1) by S.E. Grove: I preordered this right after reading the synopsis. And I didn’t regret that I did. I already read it and LOVED it.
- A Natural History of Dragons (Memoir by Lady Trent #1) by Marie Brennan: I was thinking about buying this book for a long time but the fact that this was supposed to be like a memoir always put be off again. Then this book was chosen as the book of the month by the Dragons & Jetpacks group on GR and I finally bought it. I already read it and liked it a lot.
- Sabriel (Abhorsen #1) by Garth Nix: Garth Nix is a well known author when it comes to fantasy books so of course I had to read one of his books someday. Choosing one was pretty easy when I heard that his Abhorsen series was getting a cover makeover.
- Age of Iron (Iron Age #1) by Angus Watson: I can’t resist fantasy books on NG anymore. Anything that sounds slightly interesting will be requested. Warrior and “bloodthirsty druid magic” make it sound very good though.
- Traitor’s Blade (Greatcoats #1) by Sebastien de Castell: “a disgraced swordsman struggles to redeem himself by protecting a young girl caught in the web of a royal conspiracy” It’s so easy to make me want to have a book. (I’m wondering why the edition with this cover isn’t available anywhere. I like it a lot more than the other ones)
- The House of Four Winds (One Dozen Daughters #1) by Mercedes Lackey: A girl disguised as a sailor, pirates, a treasure and a sorceress! I really hope it is as good as it sounds.
- City of Stairs by Jackson Robert Bennett: I wanted this one already after I had only seen the cover! It looks so mysterious. And then I read “living spies, dead gods, buried histories” and knew I had to get it.
Have you read any of these books yet? What books did you get this month?