(TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
I always do monthly TBRs but choosing what to read over the next three months? Not that easy! I have a lot of books I would love to read all at once right now and I also got a few review books I need to read. So I just chose the first ten that came to my mind even though there are a lot of other books I want to read over the summer.
- The Golem and the Djinni by Helene Wecker: I’m VERY excited about this book and I hope it meets my expectations. I want to read more epic fantasy books with creatures I haven’t read about before or which are at least not as common as others. I recently read another book about djinns and I liked it a lot.
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop: I’ve only heard really good things about this one. Everyone I know seems to love it and even though I already started way too many series this year, I want to read this SO BAD.
- Traitor’s Blade by Sebastien de Castelle: I was browsing titles on EW last weekend, looking for more epic fantasy books when I found this one. I haven’t heard a lot about it yet but couldn’t resist the “disgraced swordsman” and “a royal conspiracy”.
- The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas: Elemental mages and a dragon on the cover was all I needed to want this book. I’m afraid of the romance though. (Why can’t we have friendships instead???) I’m still excited about it though and it has to be good because I also already have the second book :D
- Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld: Finally a new book by Scott Westerfeld! I LOVED his Leviathan series and this one sounds even better. A BOOK INSIDE A BOOK! Enough said!
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn: I LOVED Don’t you (Forget About Me) and can’t wait to read another book by her. I hope this one is just as good.
- Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: I’m probably going to read this when everyone else is reading Isla^^ Maybe it can get me back into the mood for Contemporary but I’m not sure it does stand a chance against all these fantasy books.
- The Glass Sentence by S.E. Grove: This is going to be the book out of all these that I’m going to read first. “…the Great Disruption of 1799, when all the continents were flung into different time periods” THIS SOUNDS SOOO GOOD! I hope this book offers some epic worldbuilding and an exciting story. I’m a bit afraid my expectations might be too high though :D
- Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne: More epic fantasy! I love stories about thieves so this book is a must have. I’ve already heard good things about it too.
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Mass: Why haven’t I read this yet? I don’t know. I’m quite embarrassed because I actually forgot about it. I’m going to read it as soon as possible though!