Somehow I always forget writing my recap posts. It’s been a while since my last one, a whole month. Maybe I should just do monthly recaps instead.^^
I read a lot of really good books these past weeks, only DNFed one and FINALLY read some classics again.
- Odin’s Raven (The Blackwell Pages #2) by K.L. Armstrong, M.A. Marr
This is a fun MG adventure story! Just as good as the first book.
- Saga Vol. 2+3 by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples
These books were my favorites in May.
- Prince of Fools (The Red Queen’s War #1) by Mark Lawrence
I liked it even more than the Broken Empire books I think (my full review of Prince of Fools)
- Broken Symmetry by Dan Rix
An awesome idea for parallel worlds! The MC was kinda annoying though.
- Red Dragon (Hannibal Lecter #1) by Thomas Harris
It was okay. I’m not sure I want to read the other books (my full review of Red Dragon)
- Half a King (Shattered World #1) by Joe Abercrombie
Enjoyed this one a lot! Great characters and awesome twists at the end.
- The River of no Return (The River of no Return #1) by Bee Ridgway
Not at all what I expected and a rather slow read but still very good.
- Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen
If you love Hook in Once Upon a Time, then you need to read this book! I LOVED it!
- The Murder Complex (The Murder Complex #1) by Lindsay Cummings
I DNFed this one. I didn’ like the characters and some things didn’t make any sense IMO.
- The Martian by Andy Weir
BEST BOOK I READ THIS YEAR! It was hilarious!
- The First Men in the Moon by H.G. Wells
I felt like reading this after The Martian. It’s my second favorite H.G. Wells novel after The Invisible Man.
- The War of the Worlds by H.G.Wells
Not as good as the other one but I still enjoyed it. His novels often drag on at the end though.
- Sabriel (Abhorsen #1) by Garth Nix
My first book by Garth Nix and definitely not the last one! I loved the worldbuilding and can’t wait to read the other books in the series.
- The Queen of the Tearling (TQotT #1) by Erika Johansen
If the MC hadn’t had some thoughts that pissed me off it would have easily gotten 5 stars. Great story though and I loved that there is almost no romance.
- The Alloy of Law (Mistborn #4) by Brandon Sanderson
A book by Sanderson. Enough said^^
- Messenger of Fear (Messenger of Fear #1) by Michael Grant
I’m a little bit disappointed because I wanted it to be more violent/bloody but still a great story and awesome idea.