June was weird. It felt like it lasted forever and was over way too quickly at the same time. I feel like May was just yesterday but it can’t be because somehow I read a lot of books in the past month. I don’t even know how I found the time to read all these but I’m happy that I did.
Books I read:
- Uprooted by Noami Novik ★★★★★ (my review)
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone ★★★★★
- Unravel Me + Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi ★★★☆☆
- Young Avengers Vol.1 by Gillen & McKelvie ★★★★☆
- The Waterborne Blade by Susan Murray (DNF)
- ODY-C Vol.1 by Fraction & Ward (DNF)
- Thor’s Serpents by Armstrong & Marr ★★★☆☆
- The Masked Truth by Kelley Armstrong ★★★★★
- Brutal Youth by Anthony Breznican ★★★★☆ (my review)
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness ★★★★★
- Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman ★★★★☆
- Black Widow Vol.1 by Edmondson & Noto ★★★☆☆
- The Gospel of Loki by Joann Harris ★★★★★
- Ms. Marvel Vol.3 by G. Willow Wilson ★★★★☆
- A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis ★★★★☆
Books I got:
- Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray
- Updraft by Fran Wilde
- Young Avengers Vol.1 Gillen & McKelvie
- Gospel of Loki by Joanne Harris
- Thor’s Serpents by Armstrong & Marr
- The Devil’s Only Friend by Dan Wells
- Black Widow Vol.1 by Nathan Edmondson
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Ms. Marvel Vol.3 by G. Willow Wilson
- The House of Shattered Wings by Aliette de Bodard
- The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness
- I revamped by book series spreadsheet
- Loving something is not a contest
- I finally watched Big Hero 6 and OMG THE FEELS! Wasn’t expecting that
- I won a copy of The Rest of Us and I’m the happiest person on earth right now. I usually don’t care about owning ARCs but OMG this one is so pretty!
I had a lot of fun this month, especially with rereading books with others. When you can just talk openly about everything and send them quotes and stuff it is so much more fun than just (re)reading on you own. I also love that I’ve been rereading a lot more books lately than last year. I’ll definitely keep doing that.
Congrats on winning the ARC of The Rest of Us! That was my one BEA miss. Have you read it yet?
I really want to see Big Hero 6 but I haven’t been able to find it on demand or netflix yet. Granted I haven’t checked in a bit, so maybe…?
I’ve never really reread a book with a group. But this month’s book club book is The Raven Boys, so I expect I will be sharing lots of love for this book ones the rest of the group actually gets to read it.
Yes, I already read it! It’s great! Not as mind-blowing and heart breaking as his other YA novels, but still amazing.
I hadn’t reread books in a group until earlier this week either and Sana and I started rereading TRC and now we want to reread ALL THE BOOKS :D It’s a lot fun.
I really want to do a re-read with you guys some time! I’ve never done buddy reading, but it sounds like fun. :) Also, very exciting about The Rest of Us Just Live Here.
YES YOU SHOULD!!! Sana and I have a very long list of upcoming rereads (we already started planning 2016 LOL) like HP, ToG, Raven Boys, Lunar Chronicles,… Jump in whenever you want!
I’m always re-reading HP, haha. I still need to do CoM and HoF before Queen of Shadows, Cress before Winter, and I’m halfway through my re-read of TDT. So that works out well. Do you already have a schedule?
We do! I’ll send you a screenshot via Twitter. It’s constantly changing though. We always have to move dates because we fall behind :D
Sana // artsy musings of a bibliophile
The photos look so cool!
Oh, I need to get to The Rest of Us Just Live Here soon! Somehow, I keep forgetting that I also have that to read. Definitely prefer the UK cover over the US one.
ODY-C, meh. I’m dreading it actually haha.
Hee, thanks! <3
(at first I wanted to use IG pictures like you do but then I thought my recap is already pretty lame I need to put my own idea somewhere in here too XD)
Sana // artsy musings of a bibliophile
LOL I feel lame for doing that and only put those there because I rarely take photos that aren’t book photos. =P
Cynthia @ Bingeing On Books
Awesome wrap up. I have the ARC for Legacy of Kings and plan on reading it soon. I have heard great things!